The experiences of our
- thoughts and thought processes,
- ascriptions of color, shape, size, form, texture, smell, sound,
- projections of like/dislike, agree/disagree, prefer/avoid, wish it were so/wish it were not,
- the formulations about this or that that we hold as correct, better, or true (a pit bull is a great dog – a pit pull is a dangerous dog, political party affiliation – no political affiliation, should do – shouldn’t do, should do better – no way I’ll do that!,
- senses, pleasure and pain, contentment/discontent, satiety/dissatisfaction, feeling of freedom/feeling of limitation or hopelessness
are all within the full ranging rubric of cognitive awareness: Mind. Step 9 intends to empower you with understanding your experiences so that a greater range of possibilities, creative responses, and happiness to self and others results. Oh, yah, and this will help one’s meditation practice too!
Downloadable podcast: Entry: Teasing it out.